Adriel Booker wrote this for pastors who want to care for parents after miscarriage.
1. Make time for grieving parents as early as possible.
2. Acknowledge the significance of their baby’s life.
3. Attend to both the mother and the father.
4. Encourage them to be honest about their emotions.
5. Exhort them to be truthful about their marriage.
6. Welcome hard questions.
7. Pray for them and with them.
8. Give them a practical resource.
9. Rally others for tangible support.
10. Point them to professional counseling as needed.
11. Remember their loss as time goes on.
For more from Adriel, see Grace Like Scarlett: Grieving with Hope after Miscarriage and Loss (Baker, 2018).