Thanks for buying Giving a Life Meaning: How to Lead Funerals, Memorial Services, and Celebrations of Life. It will help you comfort the lives of people in grief. (f you haven’t purchased it, you can still use these resources, but you’ll find the book helpful, too.)
Here are resources and tools that I mention in the book and some that I have written since then.
Templates and worksheets
When I’m working on a service, I start with a framework and build from there. Here are some frameworks that are helpful.
Articles at SocialMediaChaplain.com
- One way to find a funeral home
- 10 simple phrases when visiting in the first hours after death
- One way to approach services for a services for a stillborn or an infant
- How spiritual leaders can help in time of miscarriage
- A conversation with kids about death
- Potluck and Pie (on the value of offering meals after funerals)
Other resources from Emerald Hope Publishing House
- No Matter How Small: Understanding Miscarriage and Stillbirth, Patrick and Kristen Riecke
- How To Talk With Sick, Dying and Grieving People: When there are No Magic Words to Say (Resources on Faith, Sickness, Grief and Doubt), Patrick Riecke
- 101 Ways to Find Meaning In Suffering: Words to Express, Actions to Take, Gifts to Provide (Resources on Faith, Sickness, Grief and Doubt) Patrick Riecke